Are you planning on renting an apartment by a general housing company? Then it is important to note that the current legislation regarding this is the Subsidized Rent Act (and not the Rent Act). The type form is also different, not type form A9 but B 1998 (and yes, it is still valid even after so many years). See it below.
Download the lease immediately? Click here.
- You have no right of withdrawal once you have entered an agreement with your landlord
- Never pay money under the table. It is important that you can document any and all payments made
- Make sure that all agreements are written on paper or digital
Regarding the lease:
- Check your landlords information to make sure it matches with what you have been told earlier, so you will not get scammed
- Make sure the declared size of the residence corresponds to what you have been told
- Check section 3 in the lease, so you are sure about how much you must pay in rent and aconto
- When it comes to the prepaid rent you must pay to move in, the landlord cannot demand an amount higher than what corresponds to 3x monthly rent (excluding consumption. This also applies to the deposit. This means, the landlord cannot demand more than what corresponds to 6 month rent in total when you move in.
- If your electricity, heat and water consumption does not go through your landlord and you are responsible for it yourself, be sure to sign up for utilities.
- If the first inspection report states that the residence is newly renovated, only sign it if this is actually the case.
- It is important that you know who has the responsibility for the internal and external maintenance.
- Read Section 11 very carefully, since this is where all exceptions to the standard terms of a lease are written. You should pay particular attention to what is written about maintenance and what your responsibilities are in regards to this.
- It is important to note that the lease (and especially section 11) may conflict with the Rent Act. If this is the case, the conflicting terms will be declared void, regardless of whether you signed it or not.
We hope you found this useful. Right below you can download your type form A9 lease, ready to be filled out.