It is very rare for a landlord to use a lease made by them, and it is very inappropriate. Therefore, a standardized form has been made, which you can download right below and give to your landlord.
download the lease immediately? Click here
After the 1stof July 2015 it is type form A, 9th edition that must be used.
The design and layout of the lease make it incredibly easy to fill. Therefore, the landlord has no excuse for not filling out the lease properly. It is the landlord’s responsibility that the lease complies with the rules and that it is filled in as it should be.
We have made a brief overview of what to be aware of when signing a lease:
- You have no right of withdrawal once you have entered an agreement with your landlord
- Never pay money under the table. It is important that you can document any and all payments made
- Make sure that all agreements are written on paper or digital
Regarding the lease:
- Check your landlords information to make sure it matches with what you have been told earlier, so you will not get scammed
- Make sure the declared size of the residence corresponds to what you have been told
- Check section 3 in the lease, so you are sure about how much you must pay in rent and aconto
- In regards to the prepaid rent that you must pay to move in, the landlord cannot demand an amount higher than what corresponds to 3x monthly rent (excluding consumption. This also applies to the deposit. This means, the landlord cannot demand more than what corresponds to 6 month rent in total when you move in.
- If your electricity, heat and water consumption does not go through your landlord and you are responsible for it yourself, be sure to sign up for utilities.
- If the first inspection report states that the residence is newly refurbished, only sign it if this is actually the case.
- It is important that you know who has the responsibility for the internal and external maintenance.
- Read Section 11 very carefully, since this is where all exceptions to the standard terms of a lease are written. You should pay particular attention to what is written about maintenance and what your responsibilities are in regard to this.
It is important to note that the lease (and especially section 11) may conflict with the Rent Act. If this is the case, the conflicting terms will be declared void, regardless of whether you signed it or not.
We hope you found this useful. Right below you can download your type form A9 lease, ready to be filled out.
Get legal advice and avoid being deceived
This topic can be very complicated as a tenant. The above is to be seen as a general guidance and not as downright legal advice. We always recommend that you contact us to ensure that you get the proper necessary legal advice that is relevant for your specific case.
You can get help with this topic but also any other matters you may have. Unfortunately, we see many tenants that are being deceived. Often, they miss out on a lot of money – anything from a couple thousands to 30-40,000 kroner. Imagine what else you could spend the money on.
Let us help you
At DIGURA we are always available and easy to reach, you have your own legal advisor, and best of all you only pay if we win your case. Therefore, it is risk free for you to get help from us.
We have achieved a positive result for tenants in 98% of all the cases that we have processed. We have a 9,3 score on Trustpilot, 5 star rating on Facebook, and we have helped more than 1000 tenants. We really want to help you too.
If you are unsure about anything in the article, our team is ready to help in the chat. You can find the chat in the bottom right corner.
If you need legal advice, you can get your case assessed below. It is free and our competent legal team will make a non-committal assessment of your case.