How to sublease a room or apartment - Download lease.
How to sublease a room og apartment? Are you going to sublease a room or a whole apartment? Subleasing is a rent agreement between two tenants, and a type form A9 lease should be use. In section 1 you tick off subleasing. Download the type form below.
download the lease immediately? Click here.
It is very important that when you are going to sublease an apartment or room that all formalities are in order. Many subleasing tenants are using homemade leases, but we strongly recommend using type from A9 instead. Type form A9 takes everything important into account and it is made to be used for subleasing as well.
Below we have listed some things that you must be aware of regarding sublease.
When reviewing the lease, watch out for:
- Be aware of section 3 in the lease, which states how much you have to pay in rent, and make sure that the subletting tenant does not earn money on the sublease (this is not allowed)
- Make sure the subletting tenant only takes what they are entitled to in terms of deposit and prepaid rent (no more than what corresponds to 3x monthly rent in deposit and prepaid rent each, so a total of 6 months’ rent)
- Make sure the subletting tenant is subleasing by the rules and has informed their landlord about it
- Read Section 11 of the rental agreement thoroughly, since this is where everything deferring from the general lease is usually written.
- It is important that you know your obligations regarding maintenance and what condition the residence should be in when you move out
We hope you found this useful on how to sublease a room or apartment. Right below you can download your type form A9 lease, ready to be filled out
Get legal advice and avoid being deceived
This topic can be very complicated as a tenant. The above is to be seen as a general guidance and not as downright legal advice. We always recommend that you contact us to ensure that you get the proper necessary legal advice that is relevant for your specific case.
You can get help with this topic but also any other matters you may have. Unfortunately, we see many tenants that are being deceived. Often, they miss out on a lot of money – anything from a couple thousands to 30-40,000 kroner. Imagine what else you could spend the money on.
Let us help you
At DIGURA we are always available and easy to reach, you have your own legal advisor, and best of all you only pay if we win your case. Therefore, it is risk free for you to get help from us.
We have achieved a positive result for tenants in 98% of all the cases that we have processed. We have a 9,3 score on Trustpilot, 5 star rating on Facebook, and we have helped more than 1000 tenants. We really want to help you too.
If you are unsure about anything in the article, our team is ready to help in the chat. You can find the chat in the bottom right corner.
If you need legal advice, you can get your case assessed below. It is free and our competent legal team will make a non-committal assessment of your case.